The latest Societe Generale Corporate Foundation Board meeting was held on 24 November 2016 in Simplon.co's premises in Montreuil. It offered an opportunity for the Board members to meet the young people training at Simplon.co, who shared their stories, experiences and desires to progress and find a job in line with their skills and training.
At the Board of Directors meeting, the Foundation renewed its support for the following 12 projects:
- CARE France for a socio-economic development project in Northern Morocco;
- Ares to develop Workshops Without Borders;
- Apprentis d'Auteuil to develop its sports programmes in France;
- The Ecoformation Foundation for an agroforestry training programme in a rural area of Madagascar;
- The Agir pour l'Ecole organisation to disseminate its Reading programme;
- The Espérances Banlieues Foundation for an integration through art project based on observing famous paintings;
- Mozaïk RH to deploy programmes providing support for job seekers throughout France;
- Rejoue to prepare for the semi-industrialisation of their integration workshop;
- Libraries without Borders to deploy their reading and professional training programme in Yaoundé in Cameroon;
- Orange Rouge to introduce art workshops for disabled children in Ile-de-France;
- City Gateway for their project to end illiteracy and teach English to disadvantaged women in London suburbs;
- The Primo Levi Centre to support the professional integration of refugees who were subjected to torture.
The Board meeting also decided to provide 5 new charitable projects with financial support.